Ecommerce SEO refers to optimizing your site for search engines so that it ranks high in search results. To do this, many things need to be done, such as having a great title tag, using keywords, adding meta descriptions, including social media tags, and more. By following these steps, you can rank higher than your competition!
Here are 13 effective ecommerce SEO tips that will boost your store’s traffic:
- Take Advantage of Product Title Tags
Product title tags are simply the titles of your products. They are the most important words for search engines to rank your product pages accordingly. While you can have a great page ranking, it won’t matter if no one can find the right website. To write good title tags, use keywords still keeping them relevant and descriptive so that customers know what they’re looking for.
- Optimize Product Descriptions
Every product page should have all the information a shopper needs to make an informed purchase decision. That includes important information about the products, benefits, features, and even how they can be used. While this cannot be done in one paragraph alone, try having two paragraphs with about 200 words each to be easier for customers to scan.
- Do an Analysis on Your Competitor’s Website
While you have the whole website of your competitor open, it is a good idea to analyze them, like how they target keywords, which pages are popular, and if their description tags or meta titles are effective in converting visitors into shoppers. After all, you don’t want to end up doing the same thing that has already been done.
- Include Keywords in Snippets and Titles of Landing Pages
Search engines need to know what your page is about and keywords play a big role in telling them. By including relevant keywords in snippets and titles, you tell search engines what your product or content is all about.
- Using the product title tag, write a short and accurate description of your content or product.
- Use keywords in the website’s name where you will be sharing this content or page (this is also known as root domain) like tipsandtricks-hub.com
- Create an effective meta title and meta description. This will be shown in search results.
It’s important to have good content for your product or landing page relevant, accurate, and helpful for your shoppers. The more attractive the content, the more likely your customers will buy from you without any problems. To do this, first, make a list of your target keywords.
- Optimize Your Product and Category Pages for Local Search Engines
When you search Google or any other local search engine, it will show you the location of the business/website along with several physical locations they have if they are a franchise. You can make use of this by including your location in the snippets and meta titles of your product and category pages.
- Optimize Blog Posts for Search Engines
One important thing that you need to include is a keyword. Blogging is a great way to increase traffic to your site. Using it at least once a paragraph or twice a paragraph is good enough. With blogging, it’s not just about having keywords in your posts but also including social media tags to boost traffic to other channels like Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.
- Optimize Your Product Images for SEO
When you upload product images on your website, the alt tag of each image should include important keywords that will tell search engines what your product is about. You can also optimize images for local search engines by including your location in the image’s alt tag.
How to optimize your product images for SEO:
– Product Title
– Product Description
– Meta Tag Keywords and Description
Most sites have a main category that features on the home page. You can add categories within that which will match to keywords your business targets. Product groups, brands, subcategories, material types, and even colors are other good ideas for categories.
- Set Up Google Authorship
Google authorship plays an important role in ranking products on SERPs (Search engine results pages). To do this, you need to link your authorship account to your website. Several benefits come with having this setup, including increasing CTR (click-through rates), better SERPs, and more authority for your content.
– Increase CTR
– Improve your SERP’s rank
– More authority to your content
- Link from Internal Pages to Keywords Landing Pages
By doing this, search engines can easily access what a page is about. Having exposed internal pages will give you the ability to include keywords on those pages, allowing you to have a bigger chance of dominating search engines.
- Link from Keywords Landing Pages to Authority and Relevance Dominating Sites
By doing this, you are telling search engines that the product/category/post page is relevant when linking with relevant sites. This can be done using keyword enriched links which will increase your product pages/category pages/blog posts to rank high on search engine results.
- Include Phone Number in Snippets or Meta Title of Product, Category, and Blog Pages
People are more comfortable calling a business than contacting them through email. With this, you can create trust with customers looking for information about your products by adding your phone number in your snippets or meta title.
– Go to Search Console
– Click on your site
– Click “Fetch as Google”
– Click the fetch and render button on the top right side of the page
– Under HTML, you will see a meta tag with an attribute called “name,” which should contain your posts’ titles.
- Keep Meta Titles and Descriptions Under 65 Characters
You should keep this number of characters because it is the limit set by Google to improve CTR (click-through rates). People are more likely to click on search results that contain relevant keywords but are also short enough so they won’t have to scroll down to see other results.
- Include Your Brand/Business Name in All Pages
This will boost your credibility to customers, leading them to purchase products from you or link back to you through social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, which will increase link juice to your site.
Steps to include the business name in all pages:
– Include your business name in the footer of every page.
– Use h1 tags with your brand name instead of keywords.
– Make sure that you use different meta titles and descriptions for each product/category/post page.
SEO is crucial to the success of your ecommerce business. It can either make you or break you if done correctly. By following these 13 effective ecommerce SEO tips, there’s no doubt that you will dominate search engines and increase traffic to your site.
If you own an E-commerce store, it’s time to boost the organic rankings with the help of Ecommerce SEO services. Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.